Whitney Houston“s family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials … the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol … this according to family sources.
We”re told Coroner”s officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney”s lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.
Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged.
Sources tell us … Whitney”s aunt, Mary Jones, discovered Whitney”s body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney”s dress for the evening on the bed and the left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn”t come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR.
And we”re told … Whitney”s mom has arranged to have the singer”s body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play — and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.
- Whitney Houston .. Prescription Drugs Found — Possible Drowning
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina — Family Fears She Might Be Suicidal
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina — Frighteningly Similar Bathtub Episode the Day Before Whitney Died
- Whitney Houston Death — Dionne Warwick, Cissy Houston Say Whitney Seemed Fine Just Before Death
- Whitney Houston Cause of Death — Autopsy Complete, Results Pending Toxicology