Future NFL Hall-of-Famer Warren Sapp has filed for bankruptcy … claiming he”s racked up millions of dollars in debts … but worst of all, dude claims he LOST his 2002 Super Bowl ring.
Sapp — who played in the NFL for 12 years — just filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida … and in the papers he gives a full rundown of his dire financial situation.
According to the docs, Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to various creditors … including hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and alimony to at least 4 different baby mamas.
Among the debts, Sapp says he owes $853k to the IRS for 2006 and another $89k for 2010. Sapp says he also owes $2,858 in medical bills for “Corrective Speech and Language Therapy.”
Sapp says he only has $6.45 million to his name … and lists all of his assets in the documents … which include:
– 240 pairs of Jordan sneakers and sandals
– Large Nude women painting
– Lion skin rug (female – lioness)
– Nike golf clubs
– De Grisogono watch (scratch on crystal, nicks and scratches on band)
– A boxing glove signed by Muhammad Ali
But most interestingly, Sapp notes he has LOST two of his most treasured and valuable possessions — the 2002 Super Bowl ring he won with the Tampa Bay Bucs (example below) and the 1999 National Championship ring he won with the Miami Hurricanes.
In the docs, Sapp also lists his current salary as an analyst for the NFL Network as $45k per month … $540k per year. Sapp says his deal with the NFL Network expires in August and he”s not sure if the network will extend his deal.
Calls to Sapp have not been returned.
- Warren Sapp — I’m No Deadbeat Dad!
- NFL Legend Warren Sapp — Behind $728,100 in Alimony and Child Support
- ’85 Chicago Bears Star — Cops Found My Super Bowl Ring … Thanks to TMZ
- NY Giants Co-Owner Steve Tisch — Makes the Ultimate Sophie's Choice … Oscar or Super Bowl Ring?
- NFL Star Jeremy Shockey — I Want an Apology from the NFL Network