Kobe Bryant should have known his soon-to-be ex-wife would take him to the cleaners in their divorce … because she learned the wallet-raiding playbook from her mother … so says Vanessa”s ex-step dad.
spoke with Stephen Laine — an inventory manager for a food company who was married to Vanessa”s mother from 1990 to 2003 … and helped raise Vanessa from a child into adulthood.
Laine tells us, “Her mother taught her well to wait for the ten-year mark [before divorcing].”
He explains, “In California … it”s considered a long term marriage and then she gets paid for life or until she remarries … just like her mother is doing to me.”
Laine continues, “I have to pay her mom $1,800 every month and clearly they don’t need it.”
Sources close to Vanessa tell us … Kobe”s soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law is currently living in one of the BBaller”s mansions … and we”re told Vanessa is very good to her.
Laine gripes, “I have a six-year-old daughter and that money could be used toward her college fund or something … you”d think she”d care .. but no, she”s spiteful.”
- Kobe Bryant and Vanessa — Attend School Function Together the Day Divorce News Breaks [PHOTO]
- Kobe Bryant Divorce – Vanessa Knew About Multiple Women
- Kobe Bryant Divorce — Vanessa Gets The Mansion, Kobe Gets the Boot
- Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files for Divorce — She’s Had Enough of His Cheating
- Vanessa Minnillo Becomes Vanessa Lachey on Twitter