video platform video management video solutions video player
The director of “Precious” and the producer of a string of hits, including “The Expendables,” “Rambo” and “Conan the Barbarian” got into a nuclear verbal fight on the set of a new movie, and exchanged racial accusations.
Lee Daniels — the “Precious” director — is directing an upcoming movie, “The Paperboy” starring Zac Efron and Nicole Kidman. obtained video of Daniels in a brutal argument with producer Avi Lerner.
It”s hard to hear the entire argument, but at one point Avi says to Lee, “You call him a racist. You know you”re racist too. You always pay attention to that.”
It appears Avi threatened to fire Lee, saying, “I don” want you to leave, but if you don”t apologize to me and you know you should ….” and then the audio is impossible to understand.”
And it seems much of the argument involves money. At the end, Lee taunts Avi, saying, “Need some money, need some money” Avi says, “We paid the scuba divers a lot. Shame on you.” It appears from the conversation … the movie is way over the paltry $15 million budget.
We contacted reps for both honchos, and were told, “Both parties laughed it off,” adding, “”We hope the footage also shows them hugging moments later.”
- Dana Carvey — I'm DOWN for Another 'Wayne's World' Movie!
- Dr. Dre — We MIGHT Put Our Kids in New N.W.A. Movie
- Celebrity chameleons: Stars going the extra mile for their new movie roles
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Mark Ruffalo cosy up on the set of their new movie
- Mark Wahlberg — It Wasn't My Idea to Talk About 9/11 [AUDIO]