Tom Hardy may be a bankable Hollywood star these days, but one of his biggest roles is off-screen: as a father to his 4-year-old son, Louis.
“I like to go no longer than three weeks without seeing my loved ones, but it does take some juggling,” Hardy, 34, tells Company Magazine“s August issue of being a working dad who often has to film far from home.
“I”m very much aware of being a “Skype father,” which is sad,” he says. “But I have to have the finances to make sure [my son will] be secure, and I can only do that by working.”
According to Hardy, who next stars as the villain Bane in The Dark Knight Rises and in the historical crime drama Lawless this summer, Louis lives mostly with his mother, Rachael Speed, whom he dated on and off for several years.
“[Louis] plays rugby. He”s rubbish at it but he”s really full of heart,” he says. “He”s a beautiful boy. But I would think that, wouldn”t I”
Hardy also reveals that he”s “quite needy” as a boyfriend to his current fiancée, actress Charlotte Riley, 30.
“I was an only child so I got a lot of attention from my mum. I think that is naturally going to transfer onto any poor woman who”s in my life,” he says. “However, if you were my partner, you”d get a lot of attention back.”
- Britney Spears Makes It Official – on Facebook
- Tom Hardy Gets Cheeky with Jessica Chastain in Cannes
- Don"t Trust the Band#8211;and#8211;and#8211;and#8211; in Apt. 23: Three Reasons to Watch
- Michael Bubland#233;"s Marriage Essential: Hot Skype Dates
- Big Brother"s back: Newlywed Tara makes surprise appearance as celebs enter house