Uggie, the Jack Russell terrier who stole the show in silent sleeper hit The Artist, has become the first dog to have his paw prints immortalised outside Grauman”s Chinese theatre.
Arriving in a fire truck, the famous pooch was given a golden bow-tie collar and a cake in the shape of a fire hydrant.
To the delight of the crowd, guided by his owner and trainer Omar Van Muller, he then began performing tricks.
Omar told fans that the four-legged star was urging everyone to adopt. followed in the foosteps of other Hollywood luminaries
“He”s adopted. He made it. If you guys can adopt a dog, even if they don”t make it on the big screen, they”ll be big stars at your house.”
Uggie was also supported at the ceremony by Lassie and Rin Tin Tin, who both have stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Justin Timberlake gives fans the chance to become his personal photographer
- The Artist”s Uggie: Five Things to Know
- Jennifer Hudson Leaves Courtroom — I Don’t Want to See Gruesome Crime Scene Pics
- Uggie from "The Artist" — Nipping the Hand that Pleads
- ‘The Artist’ Star Penelope Ann Miller Files for Separation