Mick Brown — the guy who bangs drums for Ted Nugent — learned the hard way … golf carts do not make good getaway vehicles, especially when drunk — and now he has the DUI charge to prove it.
It all went down at the Waterfront Pavilion in Maine on Sunday night … the Bangor PD says the drummer hijacked a golf cart from backstage after the show and went on a booze-filled drive session through the nearby town.
Cops tried to put an end to the drunken joyride ASAP … but according to police, Brown was having none of it and led them on a slow-speed chase … allegedly shoving a cop off his cart at one point to continue his get-away.
In the end, cops say it took two different officers to finally tackle the 55-year-old from the g-cart and slap some cuffs on him.
Brown was then hauled off to Penobscot County Jail — where he was charged with Operating Under the Influence, Driving to Endanger, theft and assault.
He was released on $4,000 bail.
- Kinect grocery cart follows you around the store – VIDEO
- Bobby Brown — I’m Gettin’ the Hell Outta Dodge
- Ex-Korn Drummer David Silveria — I Drove While Tired … Not Drunk
- Miss Arizona Teen USA Tori Vance — I’m No Boozy Beauty Behind the Wheel
- ‘American Idol’ — Tent Girl Amy Brumfield Has Boozy Criminal Past