Another bombshell was dropped on Monday night”s episode of Made in Chelsea: New York when Jamie Laing discovered that his good friend Alex Mytton had supposedly “hooked up” with his ex-girlfriend Tara Keeney.
Jamie was filmed bawling his eyes out when he was told the news, and cornered the DJ saying, “I know you Alex. I know your lies. Man up, look me in the eye and tell me you hooked up with her.
“You don”t understand how much this hurts. We can”t patch this up because you broke my loyalty. Especially with Tara. Go to London. I hate you.”
Jamie Laing dated his ex-girlfriend and “love of his life” Tara Keeney on-off for a year
Fans of the show were quick to take to Twitter, commenting that they had forgotten about Jamie”s ex-girlfriend, who his co-stars called the “love of his life”.
To refresh your memory, read on for five things you need to know about Tara…
1. The raven-haired beauty was first introduced to our screens in April 2013, when she played a cameo role in series five. Heartbreaker Jamie, who just weeks before had declared his love for co-star Lucy Watson, shocked his friends by announcing that he had a girlfriend.
Tara Keeney with ex-boyfriend Jamie Laing and Jamie”s former housemate Francis Boulle
2. At the time, Tara was studying for her A-Levels at a private school and was filmed mainly hanging out at Jamie”s Parsons Green flat in south-west London, which he shared with Oliver Proudlock and Francis Boulle.
3. Tara and the Candy Kittens founder dated on-off for a year, starting from the end of 2012. Before she appeared on the BAFTA-winning show, the tanned and toned beauty was photographed cosying up to Jamie while the couple were on holiday in Barbados over Christmas.
Jamie Laing and Tara Keeney on holiday in Barbados before she was introduced as his girlfriend on the show
4. It is though that the pair split, not for the first or last time, at the end of summer 2013 when Jamie tweeted that he was looking for love. “Does anyone want to be my girlfriend I promise I”m a good boyfriend…” he wrote, to which Tara did not openly respond. Just a month earlier she had regularly posted photos of the lovebirds on her Instagram page.
5. Tara”s name resurfaced on Made in Chelsea when Jamie received an anonymous text, revealing that his friend Alex had tried to “hook up” with her. Jamie then headed to Central Park to confront his co-star, who was in the middle of trying to win back his own ex-girlfriend Binky Felstead who he had cheated on several times. Fans will have to wait until next week”s episode to see whether Tara flies out to New York and reappears on the reality TV show.