After weeks of speculation, Steve Jones confirmed Monday that he”s leaving as host of The X Factor.
On his Twitter page, he calls his departure “a shame,” but adds, “I can”t complain as I”ve had a great time. Good luck to everyone on the show.”
He gave no reason why he wasn”t returning for a second season.
Last month, a rep for the Welsh TV star called reports of his firing “a fabrication,” though the show”s producer and judge, Simon Cowell, had said there would be changes to the Fox show.
And Cowell recently refused to deny reports that Jones was getting axed.
“I dont think he did a bad job but … there is a Brit limit on the show,” he told the U.K.”s Mirror.