After less than 650 days of marriage — “Spy Kids” star Alexa Vega took a cue from Katie Holmes” playbook and officially pulled the plug on her marriage to a much older man, our sources has learned.
The 23-year-old actress — who played Carmen Cortez in the “SK” franchise — filed docs in L.A. Superior Court recently … citing irreconcilable differences with her 36-year-old husband Sean Covel.
In the docs, Vega lists the date of separation as March 5th, 2012 … meaning the couple was separated for several months before the actress decided to legally axe the union.
Vega and Covel were married October 10, 2010 in South Dakota … the actress was just 21 at the time — but you can check her out (below) at age 6, starring opposite Rick Moranis in “Little Giants.”
They grow up so fast.
- ‘The Artist’ Star Penelope Ann Miller Files for Separation
- ‘HawthoRNe’ Star Abigail Spencer Files for Divorce
- Michael and Geraldine celebrate their 50-year love story with intimate ceremony
- Mena Suvari — I'm Filing For Divorce
- Former NFL star kills himself after lifetime of depression ‘brought on by concussion during career’ – the SECOND in a year