Talk about girl power!
The Spice Girls – that”s Victoria Beckham (Posh), Melanie Brown (Scary), Emma Bunton (Baby), Melanie Chisholm (Sporty) and Geri Halliwell (Ginger) – reunited in London on Tuesday to announce a new jukebox musical, called Viva Forever!, which will feature the group”s songs.
At the helm of Viva Forever!, which is scheduled to open on Dec. 11 at London”s Piccadilly Theatre, are Jennifer Saunders (Absolutely Fabulous) and Judy Craymer, producer of the musical smash Mamma Mia!.
“As one girl follows her dreams, Viva Forever! charts her journey into the world of overnight celebrity and its impact on her mother and the friends she thought she”d have forever,” reads a description of the show on its website. “From London to Spain and back again, as the world judges you, it”s all about who you really are and who you want to be, whatever the cost.”
The Spice Girls debuted in 1996 with their hit “Wannabe” and eventually sold more than 75 million albums worldwide before they disbanded in 2000. They reunited for a tour in 2007.
- Viva Forever! Spice Girls reunite in London
- Spice Girls Reuniting for Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee
- Geri revisits Spice Girls" heyday in Union Jack dress
- Mums come first as "new Spice Girls" Little Mix head for £8 million payday
- Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Reunite at ‘Q’Viva’ TCA Panel (Photos)