Shawne Merriman Hospitalized — Officials Respond to ‘Possible Overdose’

Exclusive Details 0610_shawn_merriman_01

Recently retired NFL star Shawne Merriman was transported an L.A. hospital last night after responding to a “possible overdose” at a Hollywood nightclub, our sources has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us … emergency responders were dispatched to Colony nightclub … after someone called 911 to report a “barely conscious” man who was on the sidewalk in front of the club around 11pm.

Sources tell us … the 29-year-old former NFL All-Pro had been inside the club — but was “escorted out” after people inside believed he appeared like he was going to pass out.

We”re told he was “escorted” to the sidewalk … and emergency personnel arrived to the scene a short time later to attend to Merriman.

Sources tell us Merriman was drinking inside the club … but we”re told his conduct inside the club was in line with someone who was on more than just an alcohol-fueled binge.