Nearly a day after breakfast in the Chardon High School cafeteria became the beginning of an unthinkable tragedy, a second student has died in the aftermath of the shooting.
Russell King, Jr., 17, was pronounced brain dead Monday at Cleveland”s MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland”s Plain Dealer reports.
King was “a very social kid, quick with a smile,” says Maggie Lynch, superintendent of Auburn Career Center, where King was also a student.
Although police have not confirmed the name of the shooter, witnesses have identified 17-year-old T.J. Lane has the student who opened fire at the Chardon, Ohio high school Monday morning, killing another student, 16-year-old Daniel Parmertor.
“It was something else. It was straight determination,” student survivor Ian Sanborn said on Tuesday”s Today show about Lane. “He just had that look on his face that”s hard to describe. It just sticks with you.”
Police say that three others were wounded, and one is in critical condition, reports WKYC-TV.
- Colorado High School Student Charges Censorship After Yearbook Photo Banned for Being Too Racy
- Stacy Schuler, Ohio High School Teacher, on Trial in Sex Scandal Case
- ‘American Idol’ High School Dropout — I’m Going Back to School!
- Charlize Theron: I Was Teased By Mean Girls in High School
- Strictly Come Dancing: Exclusive behind-the scenes photos of the high kicks and high jinks from this season"s celebrity twinkle toes