Millie Mackintosh burst onto our screens in 2011 with hit reality TV show Made in Chelsea. Her on-screen relationship with fellow cast member Hugo Taylor had viewers intrigued and soon addicted to the highly dramatised show.
After a number of seasons with the show, Millie decided not to return to MIC and is pursuing a career as a make-up artist.
While she celebrates her 24th birthday and prepares for her wedding to rapper Professor Green, ! online takes a look at five facts you should know about Millie Mackintosh…
1. Born Camillia Mackintosh, the TV star’s ancestors were the inventors of Quality Street, Caramac and Toffee Crisp.
“Every time I see a family buying a box of Quality Street for Christmas, it makes me think that my ancestors are responsible for that,” said Millie.
2. Millie wasn’t the gorgeous girl she is now, the makeup artist admits she was “an ugly duckling” when she was younger and that she was nicknamed Sparrow Legs.
“I was bullied to the point where I wouldn’t go to school,” said Millie. “I was skinny, had glasses and wore braces to realign my jaw.
“I had full-on yellow hair after a home dye job and had really bad acne all over my forehead,” said Millie in an interview with Fabulous magazine in their Sunday 28 July 2013 edition.
Professor Green designed Millie’s double-banded engagement ring himself
3. Millie met her fiancé Stephen Manderson, whose stage name is Professor Green, after he saw her on the cover of FHM and asked for her contact details.
“I did worry that it was a joke and that it could be someone pretending to be him,” said Millie. “But we had a great chat, met for dinner. We’re still going strong.”
The couple are now set to marry in September 2013 at Babington House after Stephen popped the question in Paris.
Millie announced the exciting news of her engagement via Twitter when she posted a photo showing off her beautiful double-banded engagement ring, which Stephen designed himself.
“If I could scream loud enough for the whole world to hear I would,” she wrote next to the picture.
Millie has three tattoos, including three stars on her left shoulder
4. The TV star is also a businesswoman and has her own website and blog which sells her range of false eyelashes. There are eight different types of lashes to choose from are all named after places in London.
“I know all the tricks of the beauty trade,” states Millie on her professional website. “I have been fully involved in every part of the process in designing this new range.”
Millie claims there’s more to her than MIC and describes herself as “a make-up artist, beauty fanatic and fashion junkie.”
5. Millie has three tattoos that she claims is from her ‘bad girl’ stage.
A butterfly on her lower back, three stars on her upper left shoulder and one that hasn’t been disclosed.