Sarah-Jane Crawford has been revealed as the new host of The Xtra Factor.
The Radio 1Xtra DJ will be replacing Caroline Flack, who has worked on the spin-off talent show for the past three years, and fellow presenter Matt Richardson, who joined for one series.
“Morning! Really thrilled to say that I”ll be the new host of #XtraFactor this year!!!! Thanks to the X team for seeing something in me!” wrote Sarah-Jane Crawford on Twitter.
The 29-year-old, who parties with the likes of Chloe Green and Lilah Parsons, also spoke highly of brunette beauty Caroline.
“Massive respect goes out to @carolineflack1 who”s an amazing broadcaster and delivered 3 years of a brilliant series #girlpower xxx,” she added.
“@DJSarahJane Thank you and good luck lovely lady…you will have the BEST time… GIRL POWER,” replied 34-year-old Caroline.
Read on for five things you need to know about the new Xtra Factor star…
Sarah-Jane Crawford began her TV career on Shipwrecked
1. Sarah-Jane is best known for presenting her weekday show on BBC Radio 1Xtra. She has provided the voice for the Official UK Top 40 chart on MTV and currently hosts the Official Urban Chart on MTV.
2. The chatty star, who has made TV appearances on BBC1, BBC3, Channel 4 and E4, kicked off her career in front of the camera on reality TV show Shipwrecked. Sarah-Jane also made a cameo performance on a Nintendo TV advert alongside Jonathan Ross and Ant and Dec.
Jerry Hall and Sarah-Jane Crawford
3. With her tumbling dark hair and sweet smile, Sarah-Jane has graced the covers of Black Hair magazine and The Sun”s Fabulous magazine. She has also appeared in FHM and British Vogue as part of a photoshoot alongside Lauren Laverne.
4. The style icon imparts her wisdom to young people in her Top of The Pops fashion column.
5. Sarah-Jane was born in Lambeth, London and grew up in the southern parts of the city. She studied at Dulwich Hamlet Junior School and Sydenham Girls” School before moving on to Kingston University and Anglia Ruskin University, where she graduated with a degree in marketing.