Rodney King tells our sources … he sincerely hopes Trayvon Martin“s family will eventually get justice … but says Trayvon”s case makes him realize how lucky he was to have his beating captured on tape.
Just days before the 20 year anniversary of the L.A. riots, King was in NYC promoting his new book in which he describes his journey through the violence … from the infamous beating at the hands of LAPD officers … to his public plea for peace.
“It”s not one day that goes by that I don”t think about the incident … I get these headaches … when I [sniff], my sinuses start burning.”
Now, with the Trayvon Martin case stirring up similar emotions as his legal saga … King says the judicial system is a “slow process” …. and adds, “I”m hoping he gets justice for his family … “cause he”s no longer here, so for his family.”
King went on to talk about how his own life is finally heading in a positive direction … but noted, “Luckily I got [my attack] seen on tape.”
- Trayvon Martin"s Parents Recall His Last Night
- George Zimmerman Prays for Trayvon Martin, Says Friend
- Trayvon Martin Death — George Zimmerman Charged with Murder
- Spike Lee — Mea Culpa for Retweeting Innocent Couple’s Address in Trayvon Martin Tragedy
- President Obama: If I Had a Son, He"d Look Like Trayvon Martin