Prince William celebrates his 31st birthday on 21 June, just weeks before he becomes a father for the first time. To celebrate the Duke of Cambridge”s birthday. ! Online has compiled 31 facts about the royal…
1. William”s full title is His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter.
2. When asked what he would do if he was invisible for a day, he said, “I”d go into the newspaper”s office and listen to all the stories they tell about me.”
3. When he was younger, he told his mum that he wanted to be a policeman, however Prince Harry told him “no you can”t, you”ve got to be king!”
4. When he enrolled at St. Andrews University in 2001, he went under the name of William Wales, and his friends were rumoured to jokingly call him Steve. The Prince later left St. Andrews with a 2:1 in Geography.
5. The Prince has admitted he is a fan of Justin Bieber. “I enjoyed the Justin Bieber song, Never say Never, but it”s not my favourite.”
6. The Prince has joked he is the stronger one out of him and Harry boasting, “It”s not even a contest”.
7. As a teenager the young Prince had a crush on Spice Girl Emma Bunton.
8. The Prince shares his birthday with singers Lana Del Rey and Brandon Flowers.
9. William is a fan of the film Bridesmaids – he and Kate were spotted watching the film at their local cinema in Anglesey.
10. His hobbies include horse riding, tennis, rowing and shooting.
11. His wedding to Kate was watched by two billion people around the world.
12. The royal couple informed the Queen of their engagement just two hours before it was revealed to the world.
13. His colleagues have revealed the often play pranks on the Prince: “We”ve spent a few pounds on Kate and William memorabilia and strategically secreted it around the place so he might open a locker and find stuff, or find his own face on a cushion or see his own face on a cup when you give him a cup of tea,” one revealed.
14. In 2009, the Prince spent a night on the streets in Central London, in aid of his homeless charity Centrepoint.
15. William currently works in the RAF as a search and rescue Pilot, based in Anglesey, Wales.
16. The Duke and Duchess currently split their time between their official London residence, Kensington Palace and their home in Anglesey, where William”s job is based.
17. Prince William is a supporter of the arts and in 2010 he became the new president of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
18. He has female admirers from around the world with actress Eva Longoria and model Miranda Kerr both admitting crushes for the future king.
19. At the time of writing this, there are 4,641 items listed under “Prince William” on eBay UK, with items including Christmas cards, figurines, glossy post cards and royal wedding spoons.
20. There are pubs named The Duke of Cambridge across the UK, but Prince William is not known to have visited one.
21. William is said to be a big fan of singer Pink and has asked the American performer to sing at past events.
22. He is also a fan of Ellie Goulding and the British singer performed at his and Kate”s wedding.
23. The night before his royal wedding, the Prince revealed he only got 30 minutes sleep: “I hadn”t slept at all that night because obviously all the crowds were on The Mall,” he said. “They were singing and cheering all night long. So, the excitement of that, the nervousness of me, and everyone singing meant I slept for about half an hour.”
24. William has admitted he is not the greatest dancer joking wife Kate “would dance me under the tables”.
25. The Prince is a huge fan of football team Aston Villa.
26. The future king sports a Harry Potter-style scar on his forehead, after he was accidently hit around the head with a golf club by another school pupil in 1991.
27. He speaks French fluently.
28. Before university, William went on a gap year where he underwent jungle training in Belize, Central America.
29. He was born on 21 June, 1982 at St. Mary”s Hospital, Paddington, London, the same hospital where his wife Kate Middleton is expected to give birth.
30. The Prince married his long-term girlfriend Kate on 29 April 2011.
31. The father-to-be is hoping for a baby girl, as earlier this year Kate told wellwishers “I’d like to have a boy and William would like a girl.”