Peaches Geldof’s sister has gone an expletive-filled rant defending the late star after details of her cause of death were released following an inquest.
Fifi Trixibelle Geldof responded to those who had negative reactions to finding out details of Peaches’ heroin use in the lead-up to her passing away aged 25 in April. It was revealed her son Phaedra may have been left under no care for up to 17 hours around the time of the tragic incident.
Fifi Geldof has defended late sister Peaches Geldof
“You”ve no idea what you”re talking about,” she responded via Instagram on Thursday, the 31-year-old telling followers “don”t keep calm” as part of a string of swearing insults.
Fifi continued by advising people to stop sharing their opinions if they deemed Peaches a bad mother for using in the presence of her little boy.
“Sums it up nicely about how I”m [feeling] about the viciousness today. Maybe now she”ll be allowed to RIP (sic),” she commented. Adding about suggestions Peaches was selfish: “You”ve no idea what you”re talking about quite frankly.”
An inquest heard Peaches had been battling drug addiction for two years before her tragic death. Her husband Thomas Cohen told the hearing that she had begun using heroin again in February this year and he confronted her about the issue after finding suspicious texts.
Fifi Geldof and her sisters in 2005
He had been staying with his parents for the weekend with both their boys to give his wife a chance to catch up on chores. On the Sunday, Thomas” father returned with Phaedra, then 11 months, and spent 30 minutes with Peaches – before leaving his grandson with her.
The TV presenter and columnist was a devoted mother, but struggled to cope with the loss of her own mum Paula Yates when she was 11. Tragically Paula also died of a heroin overdose in 2000.
At this week”s inquest, the coroner said: “It has been said this is a case of history repeating itself. But this is not entirely so”.
Peaches had tried to stop using drugs, he added. The inquest heard evidence that in 2013 the mother-of-two successfully received counselling and treatment and was working to reduce her dose of methadone, the substitute drug.