Michael Douglas isn’t giving up on his 13-year marriage to Catherine Zeta-Jones. The 69-year-old said he was “very hopeful” that their relationship is “on the up and up” during an interview with Jay Leno on The Tonight Show on Monday.
Asked by his host how things were going with Catherine, Michael replied, “Good, I hope. I’ve been away for a while, but everything should hopefully be on the up and up”.
PHOTO TO ENLARGE
It was back in August that a representative for the Hollywood couple confirmed they were taking time apart to “evaluate and work on their marriage”.
But Michael went on to say that their separation didn’t mean that things were over. “Sometimes people take a little bit of a break, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the end,” he said. “I’m very hopeful.”
So too are fans of the couple. Michael’s wedding ring was clearly on display during the interview, and just last week Catherine, 44, was pictured with her band in place, suggesting a reconciliation could be on the cards.
The Hollywood couple are proud parents to two children, Dylan, 13, and Carys, 10.
Michael said both “are doing great” despite the split, and revealed that his little boy wants to follow in his parents’ footsteps and get into acting.
He said that Dylan tries to use his academic achievements, which include class presidency, as a “negotiating” tactic to quit school to pursue his dream.
“I think it’s great (he wants to be an actor),” his dad admitted. “But I’m a little worried about this no school thing.”