Nora Ephron — the legendary Hollywood writer who penned the screenplays for “Sleepless in Seattle” and “When Harry Met Sally” — is gravely ill … family members are telling close friends.
The nature of her illness is unclear … however there are reports she is suffering from cancer and is not expected to make it through the night.
There is speculation that Nora has already passed away — we”re told that”s not true … but there is little hope she will recover from her current condition.
71-year-old Ephron was nominated for 3 Academy Awards in her illustrious Hollywood career … and was widely considered one of the most powerful women in the entertainment industry.
Among her most memorable films … “Silkwood” … “My Blue Heaven” … “Michael” … “You”ve Got Mail” … and “Julie and Julia.”
Ephron was married to (and famously divorced) Watergate scandal reporter Carl Bernstein … before entering her 3rd (and final) marriage to screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi.
Story developing …
- Hollywood Legend James Farentino — Killed by a Broken Hip
- Justin Timberlake gives fans the chance to become his personal photographer
- ‘American Idol’ Contestant Phillip Phillips — Hometown Scrimps to Send Family to Hollywood
- Carroll Shelby Dead — Auto Legend Dies at 89
- Kardashian Family — DEAD WOMEN WALKING — We’re Buying Our Graves!!!