Breaking NewsNike is cutting one of its last remaining ties to Joe Paterno — removing his name from the child care building on the corporation”s campus.
The move comes just hours after independent investigators revealed the former Penn State coach helped cover-up facts about the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal.
Nike President Mark Parker said in a statement, “With the findings released today, I have decided to change the name of our child care center at our World Headquarters.”
Nike founder Phil Knight added, “It appears Joe made missteps that led to heartbreaking consequences.”
PSU sports teams have been outfitted by Nike since 1996.
- Justin Timberlake gives fans the chance to become his personal photographer
- Tim Tebow — Nike Sues Reebok Over Merchandising Rights
- Duo take Nike’s money and use it to travel the world
- Kanye West — Limited Edition Nike ‘Air Yeezy 2′ Sneakers Going for $80,000 Online
- Octomom Releasing Dance Song — From Dropping Babies to Dropping Rhymes!