Almost two weeks since her husband Charles Saatchi assaulted her at Scott”s restaurant in Mayfair, Nigella Lawson has moved out of their home.
The domestic goddess had removal men take belongings from the £12million house in Mayfair that she had shared with her millionaire art collector husband.
Charles, 70, who has accepted a caution from police since the incident, was not in on Wednesday afternoon when the move took place.
A friend of Nigella said: “It really does seem like the end.”
Nigella”s decisive action comes after weeks of silence following the assault, when infamous pictures emerged of Charles with his hands around wife Nigella”s neck.
Despite keeping quiet, the TV chef had been spotted without her wedding ring – a telling sign that the ten-year marriage with the art dealer may have come to an end.
A source told The Sunday People last week: “Her heart is bleeding right now. She wants out.
Neither she nor Charles are interested in counselling or trying to save the marriage. It seems they’re done and she is broken and desolate.”
Another source said: “This is not how Nigella imagined her marriage might end but she realises it was the tipping point.”
So far, the only official statement that Nigella has made came last week when her publicist confirmed she had “left the family home with her children”.
Speculation that divorce is on the cards was further fuelled as two of the country”s top lawyers met up for lunch this week at the same restaurant where the incident took place.
Raymond Tooth and Fiona Shackleton were pictured together at Scott”s where they greeted each other warmly before heading inside.
Fiona is a cousin of Nigella, and represented Prince Charles in his 1996 divorce from Diana, Princess of Wales, and Sir Paul McCartney in his 2008 split from Heather Mills — Heather famously threw a jug of water over her during proceedings at the High Court.