There will be NO public memorial service for Whitney Houston at the 18,000-seat Prudential Center in Newark, NJ … because Whitney”s family didn”t want one — this according to the City Mayor Cory Booker.
A rep for the Mayor”s office tells , “The Houston family has no plans to set up a public viewing at the Prudential Center this Friday” — despite several reports claiming there was going to be a massive public ceremony … in addition to previously-scheduled private funeral arrangements.
The rep claims the family specifically asked the city NOT to plan a memorial event — adding, “In compliance with the family’s wishes the city is not moving forward with any public ceremony.”
The funeral is still set to take place this Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church.
- Whitney Houston Cause Of Death — Family Told She Died From Prescription Drugs, Not Drowning
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina — Family Fears She Might Be Suicidal
- Whitney Houston — (Memorial Flowers) Gone Too Soon
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral — At Childhood Church … By Invite Only
- Tony Bennett — Drugs Should Be Legal After Whitney, Michael and Amy’s Deaths