Surrounded by breathless admirers, with a halo of immaculately coiffed hair, Naomi Watts could be the double of Princess Diana, whom she”s portraying on the silver screen.
In shots released from the set of Caught in Flight, the movie charting the tragic royal”s last days, the Australian actress appears to have risen to the challenge of playing one of the most recognisable character”s of the 20th century.
The biopic to be released next year focuses on Diana”s relationship with heart surgeon Dr Hasnat Khan and her time with Dodi Fayed.
Naomi was spotting filming scenes of what appeared to be the Princess and Dodi”s fateful last night in the Paris Ritz.
The Oscar nominee has previously said that she didn”t think she bore any resemblance to Diana, but felt compelled to take the role when approached by director Oliver Hirschbiegel.
She said: “She is a part of our history, an incredible woman and fascinating but a tragic ending.”
“The filmmakers came to me and it”s a good script and it”s very scary and I kind of wanted to say “no” but I couldn”t.”
- Naomi Watts to Play Princess Diana
- Naomi Watts "looking forward to the challenge" of playing Princess Diana
- Justin Timberlake gives fans the chance to become his personal photographer
- Naomi Watts Gets a Delicious (Vegetarian) Preview of Stella McCartney"s N.Y.C. Store
- Project Runway Season 10 Cast Revealed