Although the subjects of a missing person”s report, Mindy McCready insists that she and her 5-year-old son Zander are safe.
I am working with lawyers to try to get all this straightened out, she tells Access Hollywood. I did not steal my child, as it would be impossible for me to kidnap what already belongs to me! There never was any missing persons report and never an Amber Alert.
Police say that McCready, 36, and her son disappeared after she picked him up from her father”s house in Cape Coral, Fla., on Tuesday. The troubled country singer does not have custody of the child – her parents do – but she does have visitation privileges.
A judge has given McCready until Thursday night to return the child.
- Mindy McCready and 5-Year-Old Son Are Missing: Police
- Baby Lisa"s Mother Deborah Bradley Describes the NightHer Child Disappeared
- Did Mom Take Her Missing Child Story from Law & Order?
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden expecting her first child
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child star Rubina Ali beams with joy in new home