A few hours after they posted gorgeous pictures of themselves having fun with their babies over the festive season, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon”s holiday took a dramatic turn.
The diva”s husband was taken to hospital suffering from mild kidney failure. Mariah posted a picture of the pair lying on a hospital bed on her Twitter page.
She wrote: “Please pray for Nick as he”s fighting to recover from a mild kidney failure. #mybraveman.”
In a statement on her official website, Mariah added: “This is us in the hospital – role reversal.
“Last year it was me attached to the machines (after having dembabies) and Nick was there with me through it, and now here we are.
“We”re trying to be as festive as possible under the circumstances but please keep Nick in your thoughts because this is very painful.
“They tried to kick me out of the hospital but here I am pon de bed with Mr. C.”
The mum-of-two continued: “We”re doing OK but we”re “straaaaaanded in Aspen” #DramaticDivaPlace.
“(I know, we could be in a lot worse places) but the truth is as long as we”re together, we”re OK.
“I”m not trying to make light out of the situation because it”s a serious moment that”s very tough on all of us so please keep us and our family in your prayers. LYM.”
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Show Off Their Twins" Nursery – Babies, Barbara Walters, Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon
- Mariah Carey: My Son Is the Life of the Party
- Mariah Carey Baby Photos – Singer Gives 20/20 Interview
- Mariah Carey"s Twins" Halloween Dress Up: the Incredibles!
- Mariah Carey: I Like to Feel My Bones