Orlando Bloom has opened up on his amicable separation from wife Miranda Kerr.
In an interview with Katie Couric, set to air on Friday, the British actor spoke openly about the couple’s split and said they will continue to put their two-year-old son Flynn first.
“We love each other. We’re a family. We’re going to be in each other’s lives for the rest of our lives,” Orlando said.
“There’s no question, for the sake of our son and everything else, we’re going to support one another and love each other as parents to Flynn.
“Life sometimes doesn’t work out exactly as we plan or hope for, but fortunately we’re adults,” he continued. “I’m 36 now, she’s 30 and we’re professionals and we love and care about each other and we most of all love our son.”
It was earlier this month that Orlando and Australian model Miranda announced they had split after three years of marriage and had been amicably separated for the past few months.
The couple started dating in July 2007, and they secretly tied the knot three years later, just one month after announcing their engagement. Miranda gave birth to the son Flynn in January 2011.
True to their word, Orlando and Miranda put on a united front as they enjoyed a day out with their little boy this week. Walking arm in arm, the former love birds were happy and relaxed as they took a stroll around New York before heading to a restaurant on the Upper East Side.