Breaking NewsKathryn Joosten, perhaps best known for her role as Karen McKluskey on “Desperate Housewives,” died Friday after a long bout with lung cancer. She was 72.
Joosten won Emmys in 2005 and 2008 for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her role on “Houewives.” She was nominated for a third time in 2010.
Joosten also played Mrs. Landingham for two seasons on the show “The West Wing.”
She was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001 and it returned in September 2009.
A rep for the actress says she was surrounded by family when she passed.
- Desperate Housewives Finale Proves Classically Desperate
- Nicollette Sheridan Gets Retrial in ‘Desperate Housewives’ Wrongful Termination Case
- Teri Hatcher: The End of Desperate Housewives Is Finally Hitting Me
- Marc Cherry — Off the Hook in ‘Desperate Housewives’ Lawsuit
- Robin Gibb Dead — Bee Gees Co-Founder Dies at 62