The fire that devastated Richard Branson”s private island this summer also lit a spark between Kate Winslet and the tycoon”s nephew, Ned Rocknroll.
Although Kate had travelled to the Caribbean retreat with her then-boyfriend, model Louis Dowler, and her two children, it seems she hit it off with Ned, also staying there.
The fire at Necker Island made headlines, not least for Kate”s bravery.
She was one of the people who helped evacuate other guests, and following the tragedy, Richard publically thanked her for rescuing his 90-year-old mother, Eve Branson.
Shortly after the incident, reports surfaced that Kate had started a new romance with Ned – who legally changed his name from Ned Abel Smith – when they were spotted attending a memorial service for Richard”s father in London.
But there was no confirmation of the relationship from fiercely-private Kate – until last week.
The Oscar-winner travelled to Shanghai in her capacity as an ambassador for Longines Watches, and by her side was her new boyfriend.
The couple were pictured hand-in-hand at a special evening event, Kate looking spectacular in an electric blue dress, and clean-shaven Ned in a white shirt and suit.
The British beauty has reportedly really fallen for the 33-year-old.
According to the Sun, she is “madly in love”, telling friends he is “the One” and even mentioning marriage.
Ned recently separated from multi-millionaire Viscount Cowdray”s daughter Liza, 23.
They were married in a lavish ceremony in 2009 at Eliza”s family estate in front of guests including Princess Beatrice.
- Kate Winslet shows off killer curves in sexy Posh dress
- Big Brother"s back: Newlywed Tara makes surprise appearance as celebs enter house
- Proud Louis looks on as Kate turns hero during terrifying Necker Island blaze
- Expecting a baby against the odds: Kate Silverton and proud hubby Mike Heron talk to HELLO! about their miracle baby
- Royal Pupil: Kate being groomed for her role at request of protective William