Karina Smirnoff walked away from Dancing with the Stars with the mirror ball trophy, but is she going to lose another form of bling
Smirnoff, 30, and her pro baseball player fiancé Brad Penny, 33, are calling off their engagement of more than a year, E! Online reports.
“They”re just different people,” a source tells E! of the pair, who began dating in October 2009 after meeting through former DWTS contestant Chuck Lidell.
Although the ballroom beauty was wearing her engagement ring as recently as Saturday in Las Vegas, there have been signs of potential problems.
During her emotional run to the Dancing championship with partner J.R. Martinez, she never
referred to Penny nor was he spotted in the audience.
Smirnoff had said she decided to postpone her upcoming January wedding to focus on Dancing, though she told us in February that this time was different from her failed engagement to Maksim Chmerkovskiy because she now had “a man who supports me and loves me unconditionally.”
A rep for Smirnoff has not returned a request for comment.
- Injured J.R. Martinez: "I Could Have Done So Much Better"
- J.R. Martinez Plans to Go Back to Work After Perfect Scores on Dancing
- J.R. Martinez: "I Want to Kiss" My Mirror-Ball Trophy
- Simon keeps fans guessing about engagement as he walks red carpet without Mezhgan
- "Dancing on Ice" star Laura Hamilton shares engagement joy with HELLO!