Actors commonly demure that filming a sex scene is just another day at the office, citing comforts like professional costars and respectful camera crews.
But for award-winning actress Julianna Margulies, the oral sex scene written for her and Chris Noth on The Good Wife elicited a much more dramatic (and, um, believable) response.
“The first thing that went through my mind is, “Oh dear God, how are we going to film this” Then, “Oh God, my father”s going to watch the show,” ” the actress, 45, tells More magazine in its April cover story.
“But I love it,” adds Margulies. “I truly believe [Good Wife co-creator Michelle King] is instigating a sexual revolt for network television. I think it”s brave, and I love to try things people haven”t tried before.”
Obviously, filming such a groundbreaking scene on network television takes a strong, secure actress. And Margulies tells the magazine she”s thrilled to have overcome the insecurities that used to hold her back
“I”m such a different person now than I was in my twenties, says the actress. “I had all these insecurities – about doing the right thing, about how people would perceive me. It stopped me from having fun, where now I feel comfortable with who I am, no matter who”s in the room.”
“Now this is me, take it or leave it. … That”s the beauty of growing up.”
- George Clooney, Julianna Margulies Among Screen Actors Guild Nominees
- Kristen Stewarts Breaking Dawn Sex Scene: Why It Was Reshot
- Zac Efron Calls Kissing 53-Year-Old Michelle Pfeiffer : Best Part of Movie
- The day brave Jessie drew on Kat"s resiliant spirit to carry on after cancelled wedding
- How an Independent Woman became the queen of the music scene