Jeremy London is wanted for questioning by police following a Friday phone call from his girlfriend saying he assaulted her.
Catherine Lombardo, London”s lawyer, said the allegations were false, the Associated Press reports.
His girlfriend, whose name was not released, called the Palm Springs Police Department at 10:30 a.m. after an argument over custody of the couple”s child turned violent, according to Sgt. Kyle Stjere. The girlfriend alleged that the Party of Five actor, 39, then assaulted her outside of her home.
She sustained minor injuries during the alleged assault.
London, whose struggles with addictions were chronicled on VH1″s Celebrity Rehab, made headlines in 2010 when he was kidnapped at gun point and forced to use drugs (one of his kidnappers in the bizarre abduction eventually pleaded guilty in March).
- Baby Lisa Disappearance: Police Search the Family Home
- Hollywood"s most famous family embrace London life
- Baby Lisa Case: Why Wont Parents Talk to Police?
- Prince Harry praises courage of police and ambulance crew who braved the riots
- Charlize and Bradley are on bubbly form as they party with Johnny in London