The season 11 premiere of American Idol is still months away but Jennifer Lopez is already hard at work uncovering the country”s best singing talent.
“We”re a little tougher on everybody,” the judge told us at a Samsung Hope for Children event supporting the Maribel Foundation in Los Angeles. “Because of last season and the standard that we set, it”s easy to go, “Is he as good as even our top 24 from last year” ”
Not to worry, though. Lopez assures there”s been no lack of “amazing” voices.
“It”s not like you find people just like that, but the ones that we found, we know are very special,” she said.
As for how she”s getting along with co-judges Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson this time around, Lopez says they”re closer than ever.
“They”re like my brothers and they drive me crazy like brothers, too,” she said with a laugh. “But we love each other, which is why we”ve become like a family.”
- Jennifer Lopez: I Cried at Seeing My Mom in Audience
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Down on Stage – Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony
- Jennifer Lopez "living la vida loca" in Vegas following sexy festival performance
- Brad Pitt clarifies his comments about five year marriage to Jennifer
- Puppy love stops Jennifer in her tracks as she joins famous friends Demi and Alicia