As one of Hollywood”s most powerful stars, Tom Cruise is accustomed to being in control.
But when his wife of five years, actress Katie Holmes, filed for divorce in New York on June 29, the actor, who has been filming the sci-fi thriller Oblivion in Iceland, was caught completely off guard.
“He had no idea this was coming,” a source tells us in this week”s cover story. “He”s totally devastated and heartbroken.”
In reportedly moving for sole custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri, Holmes has signaled she will not be backing down.
The actress did have some important help in her corner: A source tells us that her Toledo, Ohio-based lawyer father, Martin, came to New York to aid in quickly orchestrating her decisive exit.
But the final decision was all hers. “She”s a strong person and makes up her own mind,” says a source in her circle. And in the choice to end her marriage, “She”s unwavering.”
- Katie Holmes May Have Screwed Tom Cruise by Filing for Divorce In New York
- Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise Paint Their Own Pottery in N.Y.C.
- Katie Holmes Wants Custody of Suri in Tom Cruise Divorce: Report
- Katie Holmes Has East Coast Advantage in Custody War with Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes — Holding Hands in Iceland … 2 WEEKS AGO