Weve marveled at how she sings like Streisand, weve applauded her Spring Awakening on Broadway, and weve laughed and cried with her on Glee.
With that said, its time to celebrate with Lea Michele. The singer/actress turns 27 today (August 29). Its bound to be a bittersweet day, as she continues to mourn the loss of her co-star and boyfriend Cory Monteith.
However, TVs Rachels Berry is admittedly strong, determinedly hopeful, and has much to look forward to as her star continues to rise.
As she slides into another year on earth, here now are 15 of our favorite Lea Michele quotes:
1. “I am a very outspoken person, and if something makes me uncomfortable, you will know that it makes me uncomfortable, but that”s as far as it goes.”
2. “I would tell 17-year-olds to be proud of who you are. Don”t try to change yourself for others. Focus on school and your future. Boys and friends will come and go, just focus on you and your future.”
3. “My idea of heaven used to be relaxing at home with a cheese plate and champagne.”
4. I am obsessed with Gwyneth Paltrow.
5. “Managers told me, Get a nose job. Youre not pretty enough. But I proved them wrong.
6. “I do have 14 tattoos, but I also do come home every single night and watch reality TV with my cat.
7. “Every now and then, I have blissful moments of thanking God for all the amazing things that are happening. When I leave the White House after just meeting Obama or when I see my face on the cover of “Rolling Stone” or when I meet someone who tells me that their daughter is inspired by me, those are moments that are incredibly joyful.”
8. “I always knew that I wanted to work and I knew I wanted to be a singer and an actor. I knew that every choice I made would help me get to that point. So the better the choices I made, the more of a chance I would have to get to where I wanted to be.”
9. “I really felt like I finally made it. Having your first fake pregnancy rumor. It was really awesome. I feel like it”s part of what happens in this business, but that”s a real one. That”s a cool one to get.”
10. “I was a vegan for two years, and I really enjoyed it. Then, I got to a point in my life at which I wanted to do something else, so now I”m a vegetarian. You should make your diet one that best fits you and how you feel. Listen to your body. The most important thing is to exercise, drink lots of water, and take really good care of yourself.”
11. “I was never pretty enough to be the pretty girl and I was never quirky enough to be the quirky girl. Boys didn”t look at me in high school and think I was the pretty girl.”
12. “It”s just really important I think for fashion to be affordable, because everyone should have the opportunity to wear cute things and be happy and comfortable in what they are wearing. That”s definitely how I like to shop and how I like to think about clothes and fashion.”
13. “Listen, if you were with me on a plane I”m embarrassed for the people who sit next to me. I have such a regimen! I, like, pound on the face cream because your face will dry out, I get the stuff you put in your nose so no nose germs come in, I take elderberry for immunity, I wear a scarf.”
14. “Film is an itch I have yet to scratch.
15. “I always sing Adele in the shower. But everyone should know you never since an Adele song in public because no ones better than Adele.