Heather Graham — NYC Pad Catches Fire … Stupid Candles!

Breaking News 0113_heather-graham_tmz_composite

FIRE SAFETY 101 … never leave burning candles unattended — a lesson Heather Graham learned the hard way … WHEN HER BATHROOM WENT UP IN FLAMES!!!

Heather”s swanky NYC pad caught fire Saturday night … after she left a few mood-setting candles burning in her bathroom before heading out for the night. The flames later ignited some clothes hanging nearby … according to the NY POST.

The NY Fire Department raced to the scene — and spent 45 minutes battling the blaze, says the report.

Heather — who was not home at the time — was quickly informed of the situation and rushed back … only to find her 12th-story-crib a little toastier than she left it.

Bright side … redecorating can be fun.