Could Miranda Kerr be ready to move on following the end of her marriage to Orlando Bloom Seven months after the couple announced their split, the Sydney-born beauty appears to have a new man in her life — Australian billionaire James Packer.
The pair have known each other for a long time, and reports first romantically linked them back in December. At the time, sources confirmed they were just friends, but it is thought they recently started a blossoming new relationship.
So who is Miranda”s new man Here”s everything you need to know about James Packer.
– According to Forbes, he has a $6.3 billion fortune, making him the 214th richest person in the world, and the third richest man in Australia.
– James is the son of late Australian media mogul Kerry Packer, and after his father”s death in 2005, inherited his family”s $5 billion business. He sold out of his father”s media interests, including the Nine television network, and has built up his own gaming empire through Crown Ltd, with luxury casinos and hotels. He also owns the Aspinalls Club in Mayfair, London.
– The 46-year-old announced his split from second wife Erica Baxter in September 2013 – two months before Miranda and Orlando confirmed their end of their marriage. James and Erica have three children together: daughters Indigo, five, and Emmanuelle, born September 2012, and son Jackson, four.
– He is friends with Tom Cruise. Shortly after the breakdown of James” first marriage to swimsuit model Jodhi Meares (October 1999 – June 2002), the Hollywood star reached out, and the pair became close pals. Tom and his then-wife Kate Holmes were present at James” second wedding to Erica in 2007.
– James has known Miranda for years; he and ex-wife Erica were long-term friends with Miranda and Orlando, and James is thought to have given the model business advice when she launched her range of Kora beauty products.
– In May 2014, he was fined $500 for “offensive behaviour” after becoming involved in a fight with his childhood friend, and fellow billionaire, David Gyngell. According to reports, the dispute was personal; Mr Gyngell has apparently been unhappy that James has started a romance with Miranda six months after separating from Erica.
Shortly after photos of the fight made headline around the world, the two men issued a joint statement. “We have been friends for 35 years and still are,” it read. “In that time we have had our fair share of ups and downs. We respect each other and neither of us will be commenting further.”