Happy birthday Charlize Theron! As the South African born Hollywood actress turns 38, ! Online takes a look at what the stars have in store for Charlize and you…
The truth hurts a little. But, then, so does a visit to the dentist. There are some things that we just have to put up with, some things that do us good, even though we do not much enjoy them. We must, of course, be careful. We can end up, rather masochistically, subjecting ourselves to all kinds of unnecessary punishments through this dubious justification. Right now, though, you are in no danger of making that mistake. You are doing what needs to be done. You are facing what must be faced. That can do you no harm.
Read your horoscope here.
PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Movie fans would be forgiven for assuming Charlize Theron is an all-American girl. Despite her perfectly honed West Coast accent, however, the Italian Job star originally hails from South Africa. And her success in Hollywood is made all the more remarkable by the fact that English is not her mother tongue.
Born on August 7, 1975, in the town of Benoni, Charlize originally spoke Afrikaans, which is derived from 17th-century Dutch. Her heavy accent hindered the aspiring thespian when she first started out, and she admits fearing she”d never make it in Tinseltown.
It took long hours of practise and lots of American TV” to iron out her native lilt, but these days she sounds LA born and bred.
“At first I found it really hard using three different English accents: South African, faking the American, faking the accent required by the job,” she says. “I decided to make it easier for myself and just do one. I haven”t lost my culture, just my accent.”
Charlize has come a long way since her childhood growing up on the family farm. It has been a journey that has taken her through France and Italy where she worked as a model and New York, where she trained as a ballet dancer.
The blonde beauty is best known for her roles in North Country, Monster and Snow White and the Huntsman for which she won an Academy Award.
She has a son called Jackson whom she adopted in 2012, far into her relationship with Sean Penn.
Speaking about her relationship with Sean, which she had kept quiet for a long time, the star recently said:
“We had to think about it. But at the end of the day, it was somewhat effortless. It just kind of naturally happened, and before I knew it, I was in something that was making my life better – the people who really love me can see the effect it has had on me.”
- Simon Cowell wants baby number two with girlfriend Lauren Silverman
- Joan Rivers "on life support" while family decide what to do
- Gabrielle Union and fiancé Dwyane Wade marry in Miami
- Happy birthday Queen Rania of Jordan: 15 facts about the royal
- Catherine Tyldesley engaged to Tom Pitfield, one week after announcing pregnancy
- Prince William takes Kate on romantic countryside dinner date
- Celebrity birthdays: Richard Gere turns 65
- David Beckham leaves LA sporting a bandage after motorbike accident
- TOWIE star James Argent "sorry for causing worry" as broken phone creates a stir
- Celebrity birthdays: Cameron Diaz turns 42