She”s already established a highly-successful career at the young age of 21, and in honor of Demi Lovato”s big birthday, GossipCenter came up with 21 reasons why we love the star!
Whether it”s being a role model for young women or her hilarious comments on the “X Factor,” there are plenty of reasons to love Demi. Check out our list below!
1. She”s willing to post selfies without makeup!
2. She came clean about her years of cutting, which began at age 11. “It was a way of expressing my own shame, of myself, on my own body,” she said. Her willingness to come forward served to help thousands of others with the affliction.
3. She”s twice landed lead roles in Disney Channel shows (2007″s “As the Bell Rings,” and 2009″s “Sonny with a Chance.”)
4. After punching out a back-up singer during a May 2010 tour, Demi realized she might have a problem. She did the right thing and left the tour to enter rehab.
5. To thank her fans for their support during her rehab stint, she had a small heart tattooed onto her write, as well as the words “Stay Strong.”
6. She”s won a People”s Choice Award for “Favorite TV Guest Star” for her 2010 appearance on “Grey”s Anatomy.”
7. She admitted to being bi-polar, putting a very public face on a mental illness many don”t understand.
8. Her hit song, “Skyscraper,” always inspired us, and kind of makes us tear up, all at the same time.
9. She got her big break at age 10, with a role on “Barney & Friends.”
10. She once toured with “America Idol” runner-up David Archuleta.
11. She dated Joe Jonas. Then years later made a single (“Made in the U.S.A.”) with JoBro Nick. At this rate, by 2015 she and Kevin Jonas might be headlining in Vegas!
12. Unlike Britney, she”s back for another season as a judge on “The X Factor.”
13. Even President Barack Obama sings her songs!
14. She”s one of the few artists ever to become “Vevo Certified” with more than 100 million video views for her hit “Heart Attack.”
15. She watches out for pals like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus, urging them to party responsibly.
16. The words “Twerking” and “Swag” annoy her just as much as they do you.
17. Because she changes her hair color so often, she uses olive oil on her scalp to keep her mane glistening.
18. She goes deep, when discussing what turning 21 really means. She told Cosmopolitan magazine, “I look at birthdays as celebrating another year of life. You”ve made it another year. Some people don”t make it to 21.”
19. When her father Patrick Lovato died, due in part to his mental health and addiction issues, she honored his memory by launching a treatment scholarship in his name.
20. She likes to go “ghost hunting,” claiming her house in Texas is “so ridiculously haunted. Not by a bad spirit, but a little girl” who she would often spot in her closet. She thinks the ghost”s name is Emily.
21. She likes to rock climb.