Happy birthday George Clooney! The Hollywood megastar celebrates his 53rd birthday today and to celebrate ! Online take a look at what’s in the stars for Taurus George, and you, today.
Click here to discover your horoscope
PHOTO TO VIEW GALLERY
An actor, producer, director, and writer, George Clooney is one of the world’s most beloved stars.
Born in 1961 in Kentucky, USA, George began acting in the late 1970s but it was in 1994 that George got his breakthrough, starring as Doctor Doug Ross in the American drama ER for five years and gaining several Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.
During his time on the show, George began to feature in several films but it was after the show that George really made his name. In 2001 he starred in the remake of the 1960s hit Ocean’s Eleven which continues to be George’s most successful film ever, earning $450million worldwide, and spawning two sequels.
George won his first Oscar in 2005 for his role in Syriana, and in the same year gained his first Best Director and Best Original Screenplay nominations for his work in Good Night and Good Luck.
Outside of his work as an actor George has also made a name for himself as a humanitarian. Involved with several charities, George was arrested in 2012 after protesting on behalf of Darfur outside the Sudanese embassy in the USA.
In April 2014 George became engaged to lawyer Amal Alamuddin whom he met late in 2013.
- Simon Cowell wants baby number two with girlfriend Lauren Silverman
- Joan Rivers "on life support" while family decide what to do
- Gabrielle Union and fiancé Dwyane Wade marry in Miami
- Happy birthday Queen Rania of Jordan: 15 facts about the royal
- Catherine Tyldesley engaged to Tom Pitfield, one week after announcing pregnancy
- Prince William takes Kate on romantic countryside dinner date
- Celebrity birthdays: Richard Gere turns 65
- David Beckham leaves LA sporting a bandage after motorbike accident
- TOWIE star James Argent "sorry for causing worry" as broken phone creates a stir
- Celebrity birthdays: Cameron Diaz turns 42