Earth, Wind & Fire creator Maurice White is being sued for allegedly not forking over thousands of dollars to the guy who produced some of his biggest hits … but there”s a catch — the producer DIED 36 years ago.
The man at the center of the controversy is Charles Stepney — who produced a bunch of EWF hits from 1974 until his death in 1976 … including Shining Star, Mighty Mighty, Devotion and Sing a Song.
But according to a new lawsuit, obtained by our sources … Stepney”s children claim they recently discovered their dad NEVER got any royalty checks for his producer work on the EWF hits … even while he was alive.
Now, they want Maurice … along with Sony Music Holdings, Inc … to fork over a HUGE check for all of the royalties they claim they deserve … dating all the way back to 1974.
We reached out to Maurice for comment — so far, no word back.
- Ashley Mattingly, Lane Garrison’s Playmate GF — Accused of Harassing Dead Guy’s Wife
- Josh Powell and Two Sons Believed Dead in House Fire: Report
- ‘CSI’ NAAASTY Divorce — My Husband’s Still Stiffing Me!
- Madonna pulls out all the stops for the "greatest show on earth"
- UFC Honcho Dana White Trashes MMA Legend