While some contestants leave Dancing with the Stars teary-eyed, on Tuesday night when Carson Kressley was eliminated, he maintained the same positive attitude he demonstrated all five weeks on the show.
Kressley explained that the entire cast made him feel like he “belonged” from the minute he first met his partner Anna Trebunskaya until the moment they were sent home.
“That was really special for me,” the former Queer Eye star told reporters backstage after the show. “It”s not always something that I have felt. I think that”s what”s been so phenomenal about the show and this experience. It was an amazing group of people.”
Calling his acceptance “really powerful, positive stuff,” Kressley, 41, said, “This show did exactly what I hoped it would do for me. Challenge yourself, jump off the deep end and learn to swim.”
The fashion expert, who was a fan favorite during his time on the show, assures his supporters that he isn”t hanging up his dancing shoes for good.
“I am going to dance again,” he told PEOPLE. “This dance process has made me so much more aware of my body, my posture, the way your clothes fit and the way people move, along with [giving me] charisma and confidence.”
- Dancing with the Stars Eliminates Another Contestant – Dancing With the Stars, Carson Kressley, Chaz Bono, Chynna Phillips, Nancy Grace
- Chynna Phillips Is Eliminated from Dancing with the Stars
- Dancing with the Stars: J.R. Martinez Says Pressure Is Mounting
- Dancing with the Stars: Nancy Grace Thanks Her Fans for Voting
- Dancing with the Stars Elimination Round