Just over a year after tying the knot in a fairytale wedding, Princess Victoria of Sweden and her husband Prince Daniel have some happy news to share. They”re expecting a baby.
A statement from the palace said: “Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are happy to announce that The Crown Princess is expecting their first child.
“The birth is expected to take place in March of 2012. No changes in the schedule of the Crown Princess” public engagements are planned during the fall of 2011.”
check the PHOTO TO SEE FULL GALLERY
Anyone witnessing their joy on their engagement and the day of their nuptials could have guessed that it wouldn”t be long before the couple started trying for a child.
And the heiress to the throne said as much, telling her people: “With Daniel by my side I feel secure.
“You have probably noticed that in recent years I have seemed stronger and happier.
“And now the time has come for us to begin building something together and starting a family.”
Victoria and Daniel: A royal love story
SEND IN YOUR CONGRATULATIONS IN THE COMMENTS BOX BELOW
- Princess Letizia"s tender kiss for her sailor prince on Balearic break
- Victoria Beckham shares intimate shot of "baby Harper cuddling Daddy"
- Frederik and Mary"s adorable twins showered with love in happy family snaps
- Family bond: Newlywed Rachel keeps husband Daniel and son Henry close
- SAS anti-kidnap training course to keep Kate safe