Gallagher, the prop comedian known for smashing watermelons on stage, suffered a heart attack Wednesday before he was scheduled to perform at a club in Texas.
His prognosis is good, but he was placed in a medically induced coma to recover, his manager “told the Huffington Post.
The comedian (real name: Dick H. Gallagher, Jr.), 65, conducted a meet-and-greet with fans at the club Hat Tricks in Lewisville, Texas, Wednesday and suffered the heart attack shortly afterwards in the club”s green room, according to reports.
He will remain in the coma until Friday afternoon, the Huffington Post reports.
It”s the second heart attack in as many years for Gallagher, who collapsed on stage in Minnesota in 2011.
- Gallagher Suffers Heart Attack — Hospitalized in Texas
- Davy Jones Cause of Death — Heart Attack
- TV star Gary Webster reveals his brush with death after suffering major heart attack
- Monkees Singer Davy Jones — Dead at 66 from Heart Attack
- Princess Mathilde comforts young mourner at service for gunman attack victims