The Church of Scientology is adamant … nobody under the age of 16, including Suri Cruise, is allowed to join its elite Sea Organization … despite what it says on its own website.
The Church”s lawyer has released a statement … saying in addition to the minimum age requirement (16 years old), minors must have “consent of both parents and/or all legal guardians” in order to join.
The lawyer adds, “There are no exceptions to that policy.”
As our sources first reported, Katie Holmes is concerned Tom Cruise will put 6-year-old Suri in the Sea Org. in the very near future … and she clearly does NOT want that to happen.
But the Church”s statement contradicts the policy the Church outlines on its own official website … which states, “Schooling is provided at Sea Organization installations for minor Sea Organization members who still need to complete education requirements. These are minor Sea Organization members who are otherwise of an age whereby they are permitted to work, generally from 14 to 18 years of age.”
In addition, several former members of the Church have publicly stated that they know about children in the Sea Org … including Oscar-winning director Paul Haggis who has said the Sea Org. takes 10-year-olds and 12-year-olds.
Nonetheless … the Church is adamant … no one under 16 can become part of Sea Org.
- Church of Scientology — We’re NOT Tailing Katie Holmes
- Tom Cruise Divorce — Katie Holmes Afraid of Losing Suri to Hardcore Scientology Group Sea Org
- Toddler’s Homophobic Song Puts Church on LOCKDOWN … Pastor Getting Death Threats
- Adidas Accused of Trying to Screw Church Servicing the Poor
- Beyonce's Baby Triggers Church Vandalism — Blue Ivy Is 'SATAN'