From the ballroom to The Bachelorette
Dancing with the Stars pro (and two-time champ) Cheryl Burke says she”d like to be in charge of handing out roses on ABC”s hit dating show.
“My dating record hasn”t been great the past couple of years so if I have a chance to go on [The Bachelorette] I will,” Burke, 28, told us ay Wednesday”s 2012 NHL Awards at Wynn Las Vegas. “I”m getting old, you know, so it”s something of interest to me.”
Burke, who most recently danced all the way to the DWTS finale with heartthrob William Levy, said she”s naturally a shy person, so it”s difficult for her to meet men to date. And that”s where Chris Harrison and the producers of The Bachelorette would come into play.
“It would be fun to have a pool of guys around you and getting to know someone,” she says. “I think if I had people setting me up with different guys I think it would be easier for me to meet someone to date.”
Reminded that she is often surrounded by eligible men at events like the NHL Awards, Burke says, “I”ll be standing a corner, not approaching anybody. I”m that girl.”
- Cheryl Burke"s Holiday Stay-Fit Tips
- William Levy and Cheryl Burke Won"t Kiss on Dancing with the Stars
- Rob Kardashian Reunites with Cheryl Burke for N.Y.C. Party
- Dancing with the Stars: William Levy and Cheryl Burke Perform Steamy Rumba
- Cheryl Burke on Her Dancing with the Stars Partner, Rob Kardashian