After doctors told her she had fertility issues, Chantelle Houghton was expecting a long journey before she had some happy news to share.
But three months after the 28-year-old began trying for a baby with her fiancé Alex Reid, Chantelle has confirmed the couple are expecting.
The blonde model has promised to be “the yummiest of mummys”. She is three months along, meaning she fell pregnant almost immediately.
The couple found out four weeks ago, just as they were ready to start IVF treatment.
Chantelle said she and Alex have spent thousands on tests and consultations and that the baby may just be a “miracle”.
The couple got engaged on an Irish chat show last month after a whirlwind romance.
They started dating after meeting at an awards ceremony in Belfast, just a few weeks after Chantelle split with TV presenter Rav Wilding.
Before the pair can wed, they will have to wait for Alex”s divorce from Katie Price to come through.
The cage fighter split with Katie – aka Jordan – in January, a month short of their first wedding anniversary.
It will also be the second marriage for Chantelle, who wed Ordinary Boys singer Samuel Preston in April 2006, just four months after they met on Celebrity Big Brother.
- Expecting a baby against the odds: Kate Silverton and proud hubby Mike Heron talk to HELLO! about their miracle baby
- Queen delighted as Peter and Autumn announce they"re expecting a spring baby
- Bruce Willis, Emma Heming Expecting a Baby
- Beyoncé: Expecting a Baby Girl?
- Pippa to keep low profile as she pulls out of events following Alex Loudon split