Twitter went into overdrive when the news of Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s baby boy was announced.
The news spread like wildfire that the Duchess had given birth to a little Prince weighing 8lb 6oz at 4:24pm on Monday afternoon.
As the nation’s celebrations kicked off, celebrities took to the site to congratulate the new parents and share their excitement at the happy news. ! Online takes a look at the top celebrity tweets:
Twitter messages for William and Kate
- Cheryl Cole: Congratulations to William and Kate!! So happy they have a healthy baby and everyone is good. Can’t wait to see him now #Royalbaby
- Ellen DeGeneres: It’s a boy! So happy for my cousin Kate and the future King of England!
- Emma Bunton: It’s a boy!!! Special times ahead for Kate and William. Xxxx
- Katherine Jenkins: Awwww… It’s a boy! Congratulations! Sooo happy for you! #GlassesRaised #Toast #Celebrations
- Cara Delevingne: It’s a boy!!! Congratulations William and Kate!! X
- Amanda Holden: Congratulations to William and Kate. WONDERFUL NEWS! A little Prince
- Joan Rivers Congratulations to Kate & William on the birth of their baby boy! So relieved that his name won’t include the words Ivy or Apple.
- Millie Mackintosh I knew it was going to be a boy! #royalbaby
- Rochelle Humes:A future King…a little baby boy. How exciting x
- Pixie Lott: Congratulations Kate and William! The most lovely news <3
- Kimberley Walsh:Aaarrgghh it’s a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#RoyalBaby
- Jack Osbourne:EPIC!!!! a new prince was born. its like real life Game of Thrones #royalbaby
- Marvin Humes:Congratulations to William and Kate! There’s no better feeling than the arrival of your child! Great news!
- Vernon Kay:Congratulations William and Kate:-) See you at Jungle mania,summer camp, Legoland,kids club and ToysRUs very soon.X