It was Monique Lhuillier for Cate Edwards”s recent wedding to her longtime beau, Trevor Upham, and there were no wardrobe changes, either.
The elegant bride wore the strapless gown with its elaborately draped skirt for dinner and dancing, too, during her Oct. 22 nuptials.
As for that dress, a girlfriend of the bride said it was love at first sight for Cate. “That was the first dress she tried on,” the girlfriend tells PEOPLE, “which was fitting because Trevor was her first love.”
Cate, 29, and Trevor, 30, wed at the Edwards family home in Chapel Hill, N.C. The newlyweds, who met as undergrads at Princeton University, are now honeymooning in Tahiti.
For the full story on Cate”s happy day – including insider details and an exclusive interview and wedding photos – pick up the Nov. 7 issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
- Cate Edwards Wedding – John and Elizabeth Edwards Daughter Marries
- Ali Fedotowsky Wedding with Roberto Martinez on Hold, She Says
- Twilight Star Nikki Reed, Paul McDonald"s Wedding Plans
- The official photo album of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries"s wedding only in HELLO!
- Bhutan Royal Wedding: Back to basics for country"s walking King and new bride