After months of deliberation, the murder mystery puzzle of ITV”s Broadchurch series has been solved.
The powerful drama that’s had the entire nation asking “Whodunnit” since its start came to a close on Monday night as the murderer of 11-year-old Danny Latimer was finally revealed.
Not until the very last moment were viewers finally free of their suspense. Even cast and crew members had been kept in the dark by writer Chris Chibnall, so that the climax was as much as a surprise to the stars as it was to the audience.
Starring Doctor Who actor David Tennant, Olivia Colman and Pauline Quirke, the gripping crime drama focused on the impact of the sudden death of a young boy in Dorset. The scandal seizes the sleepy town, and everyone is a potential suspect.
But who was the culprit Celebrity fans took to twitter as the series finally unravalled.
PHOTO TO ENLARGE
- Richard Madeley :“”Basically everyone”s a suspect, but as I say, the “tec”s husband is clear favourite to swing 4 it.I”m sticking with t Parson!See yous after!””
- Lucy Jo Hudson : “”Btw, how excited are we about broadchurch tonight 8 weeks of suspense! Still don”t know who did it, but can”t wait to find out #closure x””
- Diana Vickers : “#Broadchurch tonight!Can”t wait! The lady coppers kid and husband have got something to do with it big time I think. What are your thoughts”
- Ant & Dec : “”Loving #Broadchurch #ITV””
- Alan Carr : “”I would love to be in Broadchurch 2 – maybe i could be Will Mellors spirit guide like Derek Acorah”s Sam””
- Little Mix : “”#Broadchurch is the best TV drama I”ve ever seen xxjadexx””
- Sam Faiers : “”On sofa with @fernemccann & @xStaceyMilburnx waiting for #broadchurch to come on !! X x””